The Chicago Chapter of the Assyrian Church of the East Relief Organization (ACERO) has been received in audience by His Holiness Mar Dinkha IV, Catholicos Patriarch of the Assyrian Church of the East.
Meeting on 26 January, the Chicago Chapter updated His Holiness the Catholicos Patriarch of the current financial status of ACERO and also informed him of future plans and projects.
The Chicago Chapter is comprised of: Chor-Bishop Paulus Benjamin (Vice Chairman), Rev. Fr. William Toma (member), Deacon Dadwai Daniel (member), Freidoun Benjamin (Treasurer), and international ACERO Secretary Andy Darmo.
His Holiness bestowed his paternal blessings upon the committee, instructing it to continue with their tireless efforts for the benefit of our people worldwide, in particular in the areas of most need.
ACERO is an organization established in association with the Assyrian Church of the East and the Assyrian Church of the East’s Commission for Inter-Church Relations and Education Development (CIRED).
ACERO endeavours to develop projects within the following fields:
– The advancement of the Christian religion in accordance with the beliefs and teachings of the Assyrian Church of the East.
– The relief of financial hardship, in particular but not exclusively in Assyrian Christian communities, by making grants of money for providing or paying for items, services or facilities.
– The relief of sickness and preservation of good health by providing or assisting in the provision of equipment, facilities and services.
– The relief and assistance of people in any part of the world who are the victims of war or natural disaster, trouble or catastrophe.
– The promotion of religious harmony by:
(i) Educating the public in different religious beliefs including an awareness of their distinctive features and their common ground to promote good relations between persons of different faiths.
(ii) Promoting knowledge and mutual understanding and respect of the beliefs and practices of different religious faiths.