The Fall of Mosul Ancient Nineveh
Another Assyrian Christian Tragedy Unfolds
ACERO has responded rapidly and begun to reach many families fleeing Mosul and the surrounding areas, who have sought refuge within local churches.
With the assistance of local ACERO chapter members on the ground, important work has already begun to assist those in immediate need, including Assyrians, Chaldeans, Syriac Orthodox and Catholic and Arabs affected by the ongoing turmoil.
ACERO chapter members and partners on the ground report that “they are arriving with the clothes on their backs … they do not even have bags”.
The International Organisation for Migration has estimated that 500,000 residents of Mosul have already fled Iraq’s second-city.
- Financial aid reached the area within an hour of the reports coming in;
- The school classroom (within ACERO’s Dohuk Housing Complex) has been converted into temporary shelter for displaced families;
- Local church parishes have set up food distribution points, as the supplies begin to become sparse; and,
- A priest’s home has been vacated to allow families to use the facilities for shelter.
ACERO’s Trustees are receiving constant updates on the situation in order to ensure the level of assistance provided meets the requirements and is immediate.
ACERO’s Current Requirements
- 2000 food baskets consisting of: rice, flour, oil, sugar, tea, soaps, drinking water, corned beef and pasta. This food basket costs $50 USD
- 2 water tankers which can distribute at least 10,000 litres of clean drinking water. The cost of these tankers is $40,000 USD for near to new models
- 2 water tanks to store water, and 2 electric generators
How Can You Help?
Your generous support will help ACERO to continue providing direct aid and relief to displaced residents of Mosul and the surrounding Nineveh region. Please show your support and concern by making an urgent contribution securely in your preferred currency.
One Time Donation....................$
Total Charge Today
Let us know and we'll help you out.